Candidate will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and/or maintaining web-based and cloud-based applications. They will contribute to the entire product life-cycle from architectural design, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting the software. Required to work as an effective team member, contribute to team decisions, and support peers in the software development process.
- 2+ years of experience in modern, object-oriented programming languages and object-oriented analysis and design, including understanding common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn and apply new ideas quickly
- Ability to collaborate with other developers, Support, QA, Tech Writers, Marketing, and Sales in a close-knit team environment
- BS CS/CE degree, or equivalent, required.
- Experience with Visual Studio C# / .NET MVC — Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
- An understanding of web service APIs and related technologies (WCF, XML, REST, SOAP, JSON)
- Comfortable working in a test-driven development and continuous integration environment
- Knowledge of SIP protocols, IP telephony, RTP, and other network protocols
Syn-Apps develops emergency notification software that is used by schools, businesses, and government agencies to keep their people safe and informed. Thousands of customers have deployed our notification solutions with their IP Phones, IP & Analog Paging Systems, and hundreds of other internal systems and services to automate bells and announcements, send emergency lockdown and closure announcements and for everyday communication.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment with competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including a retirement plan, health, dental, and vision, as well as generous paid time off. Our office is in downtown Portland, Oregon. Perks include either a public transportation monthly pass or parking permit, gym membership, and office snacks and beverages (especially espresso and lattes!). We enjoy a casual workplace, foster a collaborative learning environment, and value work/life balance.
Interested in this position? Please submit your Resume & CV directly to Jobs@Syn-Apps.com.