Mass Notification Software for Healthcare
Revolution is an emergency mass notification software platform that unites disparate technologies into a centralized platform and gives people the ability to communicate quickly. Revolution is a flexible notification tool that can help healthcare facilities rapidly inform the right people and avoid danger. Mass notification tools like Revolution support essential businesses by helping people make safe and informed decisions.
Healthcare facilities like hospitals and clinics can benefit from mass notification tools to deliver critical information to a large group of people. Revolution can enhance physical security and improve day-to-day communication by offering healthcare facilities advanced paging, patient and family notifications, and emergency response capabilities – all while leveraging your current network investment. In this blog article, we’ll cover a few common communication challenges in healthcare and outline ways that Revolution can help solve these challenges.
Disparate technologies cause communication silos which can create inefficiencies and even pose safety risks to patients or staff in the event of an emergency.
Here are a few examples:
- • In-Building Paging & Code Alerts – Revolution can be used to integrate IP speakers, phones, desktops, strobes and other devices to provide simultaneous audio and visual alerts. This gives healthcare workers the flexibility to manage routine paging, code alerts (i.e. Code Blue emergencies), scheduled announcements (i.e. visitor announcements and social distancing reminders) across compatible devices within the building. In addition, Revolution can be used to provide hands-free paging which allows doctors and nurses to communicate without touching surfaces and helps maintain sanitary protocols.
- • Security Monitoring – Keeping an eye on your facility and patients can be tricky at any time of the day, but especially when there’s reduced staff (i.e. evening hours or COVID capacity restrictions).
- • Hazardous Building Conditions – Most fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors have very few integrations with communication systems within the building. This means there’s little-to-no visibility for building managers that are away from the facility during a time-sensitive crisis like a fire or chemical spill.
- • Weather Emergencies – Relying on staff to monitor and communicate storm information is not an efficient or reliable method, especially when it involves a weather emergency like a tornado or hurricane.
Solving Disparate Communication Challenges with Software
Revolution can help solve communication challenges to help essential healthcare workers simplify their communication processes.
- • Solutions for Paging & Code Alerts – Revolution can be used to integrate IP speakers, phones, desktops, strobes and other devices to provide simultaneous audio and visual alerts such as Code Blue emergencies. In addition, Revolution can be used to provide hands-free paging which allows doctors and nurses to communicate without touching surfaces and helps maintain sanitary protocols.
- • Solutions for Building Monitoring – Advanced mass notification systems like Revolution can automatically alert building security and staff if a patient wanders into a restricted zone or an intruder is detected. This can be accomplished by integrating supported security cameras and building sensors.
- • Solutions for Hazardous Building Conditions – Revolution allows you to connect to smart-building systems to activate notifications when hazardous conditions are identified, like fire or carbon monoxide, which gives administrators additional visibility that can help save lives.
- • Solutions for Weather Emergencies – Inudstry-leading notification systems like Revolution offer integrations with the National Weather Service to automate weather alerts and removes the need for human interference.
Mass notification software can provide life-saving information to protect patients and staff. For more information about Revolution, please contact our Sales team to request a demo or quote: www.syn-apps.com/contact-us or by phone at 1-866-664-6071 .